IGERT-Neuroengineering Training Program
Main navigation |
- US citizen or permanent resident status
- Strong undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) GPA; excellent GRE scores
- Outstanding qualifications and the willingness to perform doctoral research in at least one of the training program's three primary research thrusts: neural decoding, neural interfacing, and neuromodulation
- Concurrent application for admission to one of the four participating graduate programs at the University of Minnesota: Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Neuroscience
Application Checklist - Submit electronically to email@example.com
To be submitted by the applicant as a single pdf file (e.g. ApplicantName_IGERTApplication.pdf):
- Application form and statement of purpose (PDF, 145KB)
Note for Mac users: If you use Preview to complete the application form, the text you enter in the form fields will be saved, but the form field visibility will be disabled. Consider using Adobe Reader (free download here) if this becomes an issue.
- Curriculum vitae that includes previous education, honors/awards, research experiences, publications, conference abstracts
- Copies of transcripts from ALL undergraduate and graduate institutions attended as a full-time student
To be submitted by the faculty recommender as a pdf file (e.g. ApplicantName_IGERTRecommendation.pdf):
- Letter of recommendation on university letterhead that specifically addresses both (1) the applicant's suitability for an interdisciplinary program bridging engineering and neuroscience; and (2) the applicant's demonstrated commitment to advanced study in the field of neuroengineering
IMPORTANT: Applicants must also have a complete graduate application on file with one of the four participating IGERT graduate programs at the University of Minnesota. Applicants who have NOT submitted an application to one of these four programs will not be considered for the IGERT. Click below for links to each program's application instructions.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the IGERT application process. For questions about the graduate program application process, please refer to the links above and contact the program directly.